It was so lovely seeing and speaking to so many of you last week on the webinar. If you couldn't make it, try to join us this week!
In other news:
Please read: I am thinking of how I can supply you with reading books from our scheme to read at home, whilst removing any risks of contamination.
I am happy to make up plastic wallets with a name label for your child with a selection of books that matches their book band. If you would like this to be provided for your child, then it would need to comply with an easy to use system. So, I am proposing:
- Email me at email@example.com indicating that you want to borrow books from the scheme and tell me what Book Band your child is on.
- I will put a selection of 5 books in your child's pack. Please note that at this time, you may find they have already read one or more of the books. If you discover that they are reading the books breezily and have a deep understanding of the books comprehension wise, then leave a note inside the pack when you return it, and we will see about moving a band. Equally, if they are too tricky, then you may find your child needs to temporarily drop a band, so let me know if that is the case too.
- Collect your named pack of books on a Thursday between 9.30 am and 2pm from the main school entrance (on grass if dry - under the porch if wet). I will leave some wipes for you to wipe down the plastic pack on collection.
- When you have finished with your pack of books, return it on a Tuesday between 9.30am and 2pm, to the collection box by the main school entrance (on grass if dry - under the porch if wet). I will then prepare you another set of books for collection on the Thursday.
- Take as long as you need with the books. No need to return the books every Tuesday unless you are ready to.
- Sticking to these days - returning books on a Tuesday and collecting books on a Thursday will give me time to clean the packs / books before they are put into circulation and used again.
- if your child is in school currently, then the same applies, but you can drop off and collect books at the drop off and collection times for your child. Please do not let your child bring their pack of books into school with them, as we are trying to keep any risk of cross contamination to a minimum.
- Packs will be ready for this Thursday if you email me today with your child's book band. (If they can't remember, I should be able to locate the information at school, so let me know if this is the case too).