- Year Groups»
- Year 6»
- Home Learning Archive spring/summer 2020»
- Daily Updates»
- April 2020»
- Tuesday 21st April»
Tuesday 21st April
Tuesday 21st April
Good Morning Year 6!
I hope you had a great day yesterday and that you are getting to grips with the new activities in your pack. Remember that this week you will need to complete a piece of creative writing and send it to me via email or the blog so you should be aiming to start this soon. I am already looking forward to reading your work, I am really missing your great ideas!
Here are today’s tasks
Joe Wicks PE Click here, or do a sporting/exercise activity of your choice.
- White Rose Maths click here for today's video and supporting materials to work through. Complete lesson 2 on ratio and proportion problems.
- Complete one arithmetic sheet and mark it yourself.
- spag using https://www.spag.com/ Then complete a section from your Spag revision booklet from your home learning pack before asking someone to test you for 10 minutes using the SPAG mat.
- I have set some 2do tasks on Purple Mash so that you can practise your typing skills! The capital cities quizzes are still available if you have not yet completed them.
- Update reading journal. Think about your reading in the last few weeks. Have they enjoyed anything new? I have emailed links to some new resources for reading which you might find useful.
- Tuesday is Paired Reading day, so listen to someone read, or read aloud to someone if you can.
Remember that you can choose what you would like to do in the afternoon.
Complete an activity from you Art Challenge booklet. Or look again at work on JMW Turner. We did some amazing seascapes in class using just a pencil. Look at your sketch in your artbook. Can you develop your skills further? Perhaps go for a larger drawing if you can find some scrap paper at home.
Here are some links if you need them:
There is a great interactive game here if you have a laptop.
Here is a link so that you can create your own sunset box.
Complete lesson One of the bird sculpture activity. I have emailed the link and all the resources to you.
I think that the newspaper birds will be great fun to make. I have also found more brilliant art activities using bits and pieces you might find at home here:
Art with materials you might have at home you will need to ask an adult to look at Darrell Wakelam's #artjumpstart page on Twitter where there are some fabulous models to make!
I hope you have a crafty and creative day!