CHARACTER EDUCATION AT HOLY FAMILY
Developing strong character is our responsibility as a Catholic school. It is our moral imperative to do what we believe to be right for every one of our children. Our aim at Holy Family is to nurture and develop fully-rounded, compassionate, ethical and outward-looking young people who will make a significant positive contribution to society.
- Our Catholic ethos underpins all aspects of school life – children learn through liturgy and prayer the important characteristics required to live a life of fulfilment and happiness
- Our creative, active curriculum with a focus on communication, interaction & collaboration encourages character development in all children.
- The high profile of physical education, sport massively contributes to developing key elements of character education
- Responsibilities, leadership roles and special events strengthen children’s understanding of how to develop their character
- Exceptionally strong pastoral care gives children the opportunity to have a voice, to receive 1 to 1 support & guidance when appropriate
KEY ELEMENTS OF CHARACTER EDUCATION
- Physical & mental wellbeing