Regular attendance at school is essential to promote the education of all pupils. The School’s ethos demonstrates that children feel that their presence in school is important, that they are missed when they are absent or late. We are very proud of our high attendance levels at Holy Family which was significantly above both local and national levels at 97.3% for the academic year 2016 - 2017.
For 2017 - 2018, we have been set the very challenging attendance target of 97.4%
We aim to:
- Maximise the attendance of all pupils.
- Provide an environment which encourages regular attendance and makes attendance and punctuality a priority for all those associated with the school.
- Monitor and support children whose attendance is a cause for concern and work in partnership with parents and carers to resolve any difficulty.
- Analyse attendance data regularly to inform future policy and practice.
- Work closely and make full use of the support from the wider community, including the Education Welfare Service and multi-agency teams.
Absence from School
Parents should notify the school if their child is going to be absent. For reasons other than sickness, absence can only be agreed by first seeking the Headteacher’s permission. Standard forms 'Application for Exceptional Circumstances Absence' must be completed for such requests. Please refer to our 'Holidays in Term Time' Policy for further information.
If you require a permission for absence application form, please download a copy.