13. Wednesday 6th May
Phonics- follow a lesson from our Phonics page. Remember to follow them in order and if you have watched all of the lessons try practising an alternative spelling for one of the sounds.
Writing- look through the Y1 letter writing: informal example text to look at the features of an informal letter. Then plan a letter about saving the oceans. Use the checklist to check you've used all of the features.
Maths- watch Lesson 3- Find a quarter (2). https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ complete the worksheet attached below.
Change to timetable this week to make up for Bank Holiday Friday
Handwriting- choose a letter to practise below.
Display the pictures from God’s Story 2 pages 84-85 Pentecost Day. Share the story and talk about Pentecost in more detail. Emphasise how Jesus’ friends knew he would keep his promise and how, with the help of the Holy Spirit, they shared the happiness of Jesus’ love with everyone.
Some key questions:
- What do you like best about the Pentecost story and why?
- What change had the Holy Spirit made to the friends of Jesus?
- How would you be able to tell what the Holy Spirit had done?
- What was the Good News the friends shared?
- Create a dance showing the sequence of the events of Pentecost Day. Discuss with the children how the friends of Jesus changed. Use orange, red and yellow streamers. Use a piece of music such as the Spring section of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons.
- OR Use the image from God’s Story 2 pages 84-85. Add thought bubbles to show what the friends of Jesus and the people in the picture were thinking and how they were feeling.
Homework- Complete the colouring fractions activities below. Also, complete arithmetic sheet at some point across the week.